The tool of choice for math, art and projects that require
precision. Find out more about what makes the perfect pencil, then
get the best one for the job.
- Hard lead (2H, 3H and 4H) – Produces
light to very light line density. Provides exceptional strength.
Ideal for drafting and engineering.
- Medium lead (HB, F and
H) – Produces medium line density. Most popular type of lead. Offers
good strength and a smooth feel.
- Soft lead (2B and B) – Gives you dark to very dark, easy-to-
read lines. Provides smooth writing, ideal for shading and
sketching. Transmits through fax machines, copiers and scanners.
- 0.5 mm – Produces a fine line. Most
popular mechanical pencil lead. Ideal for accounting and general
- 0.7 mm – Produces a medium line. Well suited for
heavy-handed writers. Ideal for sketching, shading and general
- 0.9 mm – Sets down a thick line. This lead is
thicker and less prone to breakage and is perfect for first-time
automatic pencil users.
Less about Pencils