Leading the Way
Recognition & Awards
Staples has been successful in implementing great programs, events and initiatives related to inclusion and diversity. We do this because we recognize the value in creating an inclusive workplace with diverse and talented associates. Occasionally we are recognized for our work and success, and we’d like to highlight some of our recent accomplishments:
- Received a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for the last five consecutive years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Staples named one of the top most trustworthy companies in Trust! Magazine (Spring 2015)
- Shira Goodman, Staples President for North American Commercial, named as one of the top women worth watching in Profiles in Diversity Journal® (Summer 2015)
- Staples recognized as a top LGBT employer in Black EOE Journal (Summer 2015)
- Staples listed as a top employer in Latino Magazine (Summer 2015)
Supporting Gender Equity
- In March 2015 we hosted our inaugural Women’s Week, providing women with training and tools to develop and grow as leaders within Staples (included Simmons Leadership Conference for nominated female associates).
- We are participating in the Corporate Challenge, a gender equality initiative started by the Massachusetts Governor in concert with Bentley College.
- We committed to 100% Talent, an initiative supported by the Mayor of Boston in concert with Simmons College aimed at making Greater Boston the premier place for working women in America by closing the wage gap and removing barriers to women’s advancement.
Supporting Same-Sex Marriage
Staples joined 370+ other employers in signing an amicus (“friend of the court”) brief urging the Supreme Court to legalize same-sex marriage and strike down state bans on gay marriage. We believe equal dignity is due to all employee relationships, and this is one way we can take action and influence positive change.