Recognition & Awards
Thanks to the collaborative effort of our leadership team and our associates globally, several organizations recognized Staples for excellence in corporate responsibility.
- For the 10th consecutive year, Staples was selected as a component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) for 2012/2013.
- Ranked #2 among retailers and #10 overall in the Newsweek Green Rankings for 2012, which ranks the environmental efforts of the largest 500 companies in the U.S.
- Included on CR Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2012 list
- Named one of the 2012 Top 50 Companies for Diverse Managers to Work by Diversity MBA
- For the third straight year, earned 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index
- EPA Green Power Partner recognition: Ranked #4 among all retailers, #6 among Fortune 500 companies and #6 in the U.S. (as of January 2013)
- In 2012, selected as EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year for Energy Management for the second year in a row
- Selected as a finalist for the 2012 Platts Global Energy Awards in the Corporate Social Responsibility category
- Staples Australia received a 2012 Australian Business Award for Environmental Sustainability. This award recognizes organizations that implement policies and/or execute initiatives that demonstrate leadership and commitment to the enhancement, preservation and protection of the environment
- Shortlisted for the European Office Products Industry CSR Award for the third consecutive year in recognition of our comprehensive CSR offering
- For the third year in a row, Staples Advantage in Canada was awarded the prestigious Community Leadership Award of Excellence from the Canadian Office Products Association (COPA). Staples was recognized for exhibiting leadership, initiative, creativity, dedication and commitment to making a difference in the community