Recognition & Awards
Thanks to the collaborative effort of our leadership team and our associates globally, several organizations recognized Staples for excellence in corporate responsibility.
- For the eleventh consecutive year, selected as a component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) for 2014.
- Named to Newsweek’s 2014 Green Rankings Top 100 U.S. companies list.
- In 2014, Staples won the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year — Sustained Excellence award.
- Staples ranked in the Top 10 US companies with installed solar power capacity by the Solar Means Business 2014 report.
- Ranked #15 among retailers on the EPA’s Green Power Partnership’s ranking list
- For the fifth straight year, earned perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index.
- Included on Black EOE Journal’s 2014 Best of the Best Lists: Top Disability-Friendly Companies and Top LGBT-Friendly Companies.
- Included on The Hispanic Network Magazine’s Fall 2014 Best of the Best Lists: Top Disability-Friendly Employers and Top LGBT-Friendly Employers.
- Staples Director, Supplier Diversity, Lesa Rivers, recognized as 2014 Top 25 Women in Power Impacting Diversity by Diversity Plus.
- Staples Canada named to Corporate Knight’s 2014 Top Foreign Corporate Citizens list.
- Staples Canada Senior Vice President, Merchandising, Peter Gibel, and Staples Canada Director, Facility, Environmental & Procurement Services, Leigh Pearson, named to Canada’s 2014 Clean50 list, one of Canada’s most prestigious environmental recognitions.
- Staples Canada’s Recycle for Education Contest won the Canadian Office Products Association (COPA) Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership — Program.