Recognition & Awards
Thanks to the collaborative effort of our leadership team and our associates globally, several organizations recognized Staples for excellence in corporate responsibility.
- For the 11th consecutive year, we were selected as a component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) for 2013/2014.
- Named to the 2014 Global 100 Sustainability Index, one of the top measures in corporate sustainability analysis, published by Corporate Knights, a media, research and investment advisory company. Staples is one of two global retailers in the rankings and the only one in North America to rank.
- Awarded “Best Place to Work for Diverse Managers” by Diversity MBA Magazine.
- For the fourth straight year, earned 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index.
- Winner of Commonwealth Compacts’ Diversity Standout Award for our commitment to bringing more diverse hires to Boston and surrounding communities.
- EPA Green Power Partner recognition: ranked #4 among all retailers, #7 among Fortune 500 companies and #8 in the U.S. (as of January 2014).
- Named ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year — Sustained Excellence in 2014.
- Received U.S. EPA’s 2013 Excellence in GHG Management (Goal Achievement Award).
- Staples Canada received the 2014 Environmental Leader Project of the Year Award for its Easy on the Planet program.
- Staples Advantage Canada received the Excellence in Corporate Responsibility (ECR) Award from Green Living Enterprises.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Staples Advantage Canada received the Community Leadership Award of Excellence from the Canadian Office Products Association (COPA).