The Dirt on Office Cleaning
Routine office cleaning requires a wide array of office cleaning supplies that remove dirt and kill germs. These products may be either concentrated to remove the dirt and stain left over by your employees or mildly formulated to gently clean your delicate electronics.
Commercial Cleaning Products to Use
It is sometimes hard to identify whether the office cleaning products you bought at the grocery store have disinfectants in amounts sufficient to kill viruses and bacteria. If unsure, read product labels carefully and look for active ingredients and statistics online about what kinds of germs each product kills to determine what will satisfy your needs best.
One alternative to selecting an office-cleaning product that both disinfects and cleans is to clean with a detergent or soap first, and then sanitize surfaces where viruses and bacteria most likely thrive. Some office cleaning products you need are the following:
- All-purpose cleaner. These cleaners, often in spray bottles, work well for spot cleaning messes on the kitchen countertop and floor or conference room tables, as well as desks and reception area.
- Aerosol graffiti remover. This product ensures a professional look of your office bathrooms. It removes lipstick, ballpoint ink and crayon from metal surfaces and tile so you can have a tidy bathroom again.
- Wax and gum remover. This can save your carpet. It is very helpful in areas where food is served, where kids can bring a lot of trouble and damage to your carpet or where candles dribble.
- All-purpose cleaner. This can be used to sanitize rigid surfaces. The suggestion is to find products with neutral PH to remove dirt and grease without damaging floors, countertops, or the individual doing the cleaning.
- Spray disinfectant. This can keep your break area clean. Apart from dissolving stains, a disinfectant clears away pathogens left behind by food, such as staphylococcus and salmonella. There are a multitude of options on the disinfectant market that can meet office needs relating to allergies and preference. If a bleach-based disinfectant is too harsh, no need to worry: products that don't use are easy to find.
- Compressed air dusters. These are essential for maintaining your sensitive computer equipment safe. They use air blast to eliminate debris and dust from monitors, keyboards and hard drives without destroying any part.
- Erasing pads. This can save and prolong the life of interior paint. Melamine foam pads can be saturated with cleaners for use in removing fingerprints, scuff marks, crayon and dirt from walls.
- Whiteboard cleaners. These are used to erase the previous day's brainstorming leftovers. It is possible to purchase wipes that are pre-moistened to delete shadows and stains to be able to begin the next meeting with a clean board.
Keeping your office clean and organized is something that constantly requires you to allot adequate resources. This is a justifiable investment, though, since you spend a lot of time in your office every day and it is where you make business. To get the most out of your investment, see that you buy only the needed office cleaning products to get the job done.